PreacherPrescott

Where in this country can you find an uncompromisingly Christian, God glorifying, Christ exaulting, ultra-conservative, voice? Well, I haven't found one yet... so I followed my buddy Shawn and started posting here.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Confessions of a Raving Fundamentalist

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Another one bites the dust... another friend and former street collegue has kissed Biblical truth goodbye... and it breaks my heart once again. I don't know if anything hurts more than when I see a friend "change his stripes", "drop the colours", "wave the white flag", etc.

Don't ask me for philosophy... I'm not a scholar. No matter how much I'd like to be, I'm not, nor will I ever be. I'm to simple for that. Yes, I have a high, near genius I.Q., (but not quite... Yates beat me) but I'm just too simple to understand all these teachings that keep stumbling the faith of my friends.

I'm losing track of them all. Too many of them. In Markham, Toronto, Fredericton, London. Ones who dig too deep into their cerabelum, and come up empty each time. Who fall in the Garden all over again... when "he" told them, just like "he" told her in the Garden, "You will be like God"...

As IF we could understand God. As if we could disassemble, discet, or take apart His wondrous ways. As if the clay could say to the potter "Why have you made me thus?"

To be true... reflection, meditation, study, are VITAL! Too few of us do it. And in that many others fall. But some, "professing to be wise..." do exactly what the verse says... "became fools". Yes, that verse is in the context of creation, but the point, I feel stands.

There's a verse the JW's love to claim as their own, and one of their books is entitled with it... "Let God be True!" Indeed, "...but every man a liar" as Paul said.

Ohhhh, Paul. That heretic. That neo-conservative, ultra-right-wing, pious, righteous, bigot. I love him. Boy, do I ever love him. Those modern-day "thinkers", eat your heart out. Please.

I just sit here shaking my head, waiting for it all to end. "He who testifies to these things says, 'Surely I am coming quickly.' Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!" I love that tune by Rebecca St. James, "Come Quickly, Lord".

"Why do the nations rage, and the peoples plot a vain thing?" I can't wait till all the plans of the nations are frustrated, and the Lord Jesus Christ comes back to rule and reign. When He wipes the slate clean, and shows the world what the Truth really is. Oh boy, I can hardly wait.

How about you?

4 Comments:

  • At 7:03 PM, Blogger erinberry said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger erinberry said…

    Yes, I have a high, near genius I.Q., (but not quite... Yates beat me) but I'm just to simple to understand all these teachings that keep stumbling the faith of my friends. Here's a tip: Your supposed super intelligence would be more believable if you used proper grammar in the sentence in which you brag about this intelligence. (Hint: "too simple", not "to simple")

     
  • At 11:27 PM, Blogger Blake Kennedy said…

    Do you attribute this departure from "New Testament truth" to any particular factors, and what could be done differently or better to prevent such departures in the future?

     
  • At 6:25 AM, Blogger Livingsword said…

    Perhaps if we Evangelical Christians presented ourselves in a manner of greater humility, and meekness (power under control) we would be more winsome to the world.

    Sometimes I think our passion and conviction can cross the line and appear to be arrogance, self righteousness, and/or pride. Sometimes it is “just” arrogance, self righteousness, and/or pride. I prefer the humility modeled by Christ, although I am a very poor substitute.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home